Pella — Central College hosted one of the first fairs in the state for local startups on Jan 31. The event was sponsored by StartUp Iowa, a statewide initiative aimed at bringing resources to entrepreneurs. Local entrepreneurs from Marion County showcased their products and projects to an audience of students and business, investment, civic and other community members. Wade Steenhoek, director of the Martin Heerema Entrepreneurship Program at Central, helped organize the event in partnership with Joel Bennett of Veel Hoeden Coworking. Central held the Pella fair in partnership with Veel Hoeden, a Pella company that provides shared space for the business community to work independently on projects.
- Central College
- Central College announces endowed fund for student research
- Central College education department announces Geisler Penquite scholars
Central College holds 2013 baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies
Baccalaureate service, a gathering of the class, will begin at 3 p.m. in Douwstra Auditorium. A wine and cheese reception for the senior class, hosted by Central College President Mark Putnam and his wife Tammy, will be held in the Bornt Plaza and Graham Annex at 4 p.m. The commencement ceremony will be held at 8 p.m. in H.S. Kuyper Fieldhouse.
- Central College theatre presents the Fringe Festival
- Central College A Cappella Choir to tour Brazil
- Central College ensembles perform in Percussion Extravaganza
- Iraq Veteran to read poetry at Writers Reading at Central College
- Central College international dinner features traditional Austrian dishes
- Central College advancement office announces key staffing changes
- Central College hosts BIG Dream Gathering to connect dreamers with support
- More Central College Headlines