Pella — 3 medium sweet potatoes
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup 2% milk
2 3-inch strips lime zest
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 tsp. mustard seeds
1 tsp. whole coriander seeds
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork, and roast on sheet pan until soft, about 40 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3. Toast mustard and coriander seeds by heating them in a small, dry skillet until just fragrant.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine stock, milk, lime zest and juice, garlic, jalapeno, and mustard and coriander seeds. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Adjust the heat and simmer until reduced by a third. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard the solids.
5. Peel potatoes and place in a food processor. With the machine running, add enough of the stock mixture to create a smooth puree. Add thebutter and continue processing until melted and fully incorperated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.