Pella — Wind gusts in excess of 30 miles per hour continue to be predicted for Marion County through the early morning hours of Friday. Significant blowing and drifting of snow is expected through the night. After dark, visibility will be extremely limited. County paved roads will continue to be plowed until dark this evening. Plowing will resume at 4 AM on Friday and continue through the day. Plowing of Rock roads will begin at 4 A.M. Friday also. Significant drifting has occurred on the east – west roads especially North and West of Knoxville. Travel is not recommended through the early morning hours of Friday. Postponing unnecessary trips should be considered.
- Local News
Vriendschap Village Helps Children with Parents in Prison
Residents packed backpacks and made quilts for Angel Tree Children
County seeks to upgrade IT services
As Marion County government grows increasingly dependent upon its electronic and computer infrastructure, the Board of Supervisors believes it is necessary to upgrade its Information Technology (IT) service.
T-15 may close for three months
The construction of the hydroelectric plant near the Red Rock Dam is expected to include road closures, including the possibility of T-15 being closed for 12 weeks.
Lake Red Rock Update
Bacteria sampling at the North Overlook Beach continues to show elevated bacterial counts
The traveling doctor
Dr. Gregory to continue practicing medicine while enjoying a relaxed lifestyle with his wife
- Sadler honored with remaing of cottage A retirement party was held last Thursday evening for Patsy Sadler honoring her for her 36 years of service as the Pella Historical Society Village Director. In honor of Patsy and Dean's contributions to the society, the Historical Society Board renamed her former workplace as the 'Sadler Cottage'. Approximately 180 well-wishers attended the open house.
- County Committee Nomination Period Begins June 17
- Courthouse to be closed for RAGBRAI®
- Volksweg Designated as "National Recreation Trail"
- Early bridges topic for MCHS meeting
- More Local News Headlines
- Vriendschap Village Helps Children with Parents in Prison