Pella — Marion County continues to experience extreme winter weather. Single digit temperatures and high winds are continuing throughout County. Motorists should expect snow packed and icy roads through at least Friday. Motor graders have plowed the snow on all rock roads at least one way, however drifting of the snow continues and may cause drift susceptible rock roads to be impassable. With the single digit temperatures, the ice that developed under yesterday’s snow has frozen to the pavement surface. The County paved roads have been plowed numerous times and ice melting chemicals and sand applied, however the low temperatures reduce the effectiveness of those chemicals. If travel is necessary, motorists should drive with extreme caution. Plowing operations will continue at 4:00 AM Friday morning.
- Local News
STEMconnector® releases List of its 100 CEO Leaders in STEM
Including Mary Vermeer-Andringa
Vriendschap Village Helps Children with Parents in Prison
Residents packed backpacks and made quilts for Angel Tree Children
County seeks to upgrade IT services
As Marion County government grows increasingly dependent upon its electronic and computer infrastructure, the Board of Supervisors believes it is necessary to upgrade its Information Technology (IT) service.
T-15 may close for three months
The construction of the hydroelectric plant near the Red Rock Dam is expected to include road closures, including the possibility of T-15 being closed for 12 weeks.
Lake Red Rock Update
Bacteria sampling at the North Overlook Beach continues to show elevated bacterial counts
The traveling doctor
Dr. Gregory to continue practicing medicine while enjoying a relaxed lifestyle with his wife
- Sadler honored with remaing of cottage A retirement party was held last Thursday evening for Patsy Sadler honoring her for her 36 years of service as the Pella Historical Society Village Director. In honor of Patsy and Dean's contributions to the society, the Historical Society Board renamed her former workplace as the 'Sadler Cottage'. Approximately 180 well-wishers attended the open house.
- County Committee Nomination Period Begins June 17
- Courthouse to be closed for RAGBRAI®
- Volksweg Designated as "National Recreation Trail"
- More Local News Headlines
- STEMconnector® releases List of its 100 CEO Leaders in STEM