Pella Rotary Club, DFS team up for first of two soup suppers
The Pella Rotary Club and Pella Dollars for Scholars once again teamed up to host and help raise funds at the first of two Soup Suppers prior to the Pella Christian/Pella High School varsity basketball games. A nice, large crowd attended both the soup supper and the basketball games this past Friday evening at Pella Christian. The next soup supper will be held when Pella Christian High School travels to Pella Community High School on Tuesday, Jan. 29, starting approximately at 4:30 p.m. Watch for more details about the event in upcoming issues of the Pella Chronicle. Above – Pella Rotary Club member Don Ringgenberg helps serve soup at Friday night’s event.
- Local News
- Over $8,000 raised to assist local nonprofits working together to do more in the community
Fish at Central Park
The Pella Parks and Recreation Department has created a new flower bed at Central Park, in which they hope to take you under the sea.
- Marion County Producers Reminded of Approaching Deadlines
- Lake Red Rock Programs during Memorial Day Weekend
- Early deadlines for next week due to Memorial Day holiday
- City Band to start rehersals
Pella Community Calendar of Events
May 24 - June 2
- Thursdays in Pella themes announced
- Marion County supervisors to discuss animal control In light of recent dog attacks in other counties, Marion County Supervisor Craig Agan asked for current local regulations to be discussed at Tuesday's regular meeting last week. He would like to see a committee formed to further examine the issue. Ac
- Civil War Days May 25-26 On Saturday May 25 you are invited to the Marion County Historical Village to experience a Civil War day with the Army of the Southwest Iowa Reenactors. Admission is free to the all day event which begins at 7:00 am with a pancake breakfast served by
- More Local News Headlines