Pella — Bella Van Gorp, daughter of David and Jennifer Van Gorp of Pella was crowned “Junior Miss You Can Do It” at the “Miss You Can Do It Pageant” in August. The “Miss You Can Do It Pageant” is held in Kewanee, Illinois and is created for girls and young ladies with special needs. Bella, 11, also won a special award for the evening gown competition as well as the Tudi Edwards award which is presented to the contestant who “touched the judges’ hearts the moment they met, who lights up the room, and who the judges remembered after meeting all of the contestants.” Bella, who was born with Down Syndrome, is a 5th grader at Jefferson Intermediate in Pella.
- Local News
- Local Boy Scouts learn skills to be our future heroes
- Central College education department announces Geisler Penquite scholars
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
- Early deadlines for next week due to Memorial Day holiday
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- More Local News Headlines