Pella — At this time, the Marion County Engineer's Office plans to have trucks running on County paved roads until approximately 7 p.m. tonight. Both Trucks and Motor Graders will begin at 4 a.m. Friday morning and continue to work into the evening. Due to the nature of this storm, this plan is subject to change. It is anticipated that it will be Saturday afternoon before all gravel roads will be passable. High winds are expected during this snow event which will cause blowing and drifting on all roads. Motorists should expect snow covered roads.
- Local News
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
2013 Tulip Time e-book
Looking for information on this year's festivities? It's all right here.
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- Pella qualifies five for state tennis tournament The Pella High varsity boys' tennis team had a banner day Friday, May 10. The Dutch played in the District Tournament held in Pella. Coach Nick Seipel's team has qualified five players to compete at the state meet later this month. The District Champ
Tulip Bulb Removal set for Monday, Tuesday
7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- More Local News Headlines