As a service project for 2013, members of the Excit-A-Bowl Pella Youth Bowling League have been busy donating items for the local Pella Food Shelf. The Saturday morning youth league, which is certified by the United States Bowling Congress (USBC) has a membership of 40 youth, ages 5 through 18. The program offers a great opportunity for youth to receive bowling instruction, fun and friendly competition, fair play and teamwork. Experienced adult bowlers volunteer their time and efforts to supervise the weekly bowling league.
- Local News
- Local Boy Scouts learn skills to be our future heroes
- Central College education department announces Geisler Penquite scholars
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
- Early deadlines for next week due to Memorial Day holiday
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- More Local News Headlines