Pella — A Pella-based home school choir will perform at Vriendschap Village on Monday, March 25 at 1:30 p.m. Inspiration for the home school choir began when eight local families wanted to begin a choir group for their children. Now, the choir consists of more than 40 families with children ranging from ages 7-18 years old. Touring throughout Pella-area communities and events, including performing at Vriendschap Village’s Christmas concert, they’re back by popular demand for a spring concert. The event is free and open to the public.
- Local News
- Local Boy Scouts learn skills to be our future heroes
- Central College education department announces Geisler Penquite scholars
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
- Early deadlines for next week due to Memorial Day holiday
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- More Local News Headlines