The Marion County Community Foundation (MCCF) was formed in 2005 to coordinate and provide philanthropic support for community betterment projects in all of Marion County. The MCCF receives grant money which is funded through a portion of the state gambling revenues.
MCCF gives 75 percent of those funds to charitable projects within Marion County and places the remaining 25 percent in a permanent endowment fund, which is intended to attract other donations and provide a source of permanent funding for charitable projects within the county. Grants have ranged from $250 to $5000, and organizations benefiting cover all areas of the county and serve residents from preschool age through senior citizens.
In order to be considered for any of these funds, your organization must be a 501-C-3 tax exempt organization or 170-B unit of government. If your organization and project meet the criteria as presented on our website, you are eligible to submit an application form. Forms and more information can be found on the MCCF website at www.mccfiowa.org after February 20. Applications need to be sent to: MCCF PO Box 92, Knoxville, IA 50138, prior to April 20.
If you or your organization does not have Internet access, please call the board’s secretary, David Johnson, at 641-828-7373 and request an application packet.