Something for everyone
Over 1,000 people attended the Fall Festival October 20, at the Van Roekel farm near Pella (2414 Illinois Street). There were many activities for the kids to do. Some (shown above in photos) favorites were pumpkin painting, horse rides, hay rack rides and the corn and soybean tanks. This event was sponsored by First Reformed Church with volunteer help from Trinity Reformed.
- Local News
- Local Boy Scouts learn skills to be our future heroes
- Central College education department announces Geisler Penquite scholars
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
- Early deadlines for next week due to Memorial Day holiday
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- More Local News Headlines