Fair Trade Oriental Rug Event continues through Saturday - See slideshow
The always popular Fair Trade Oriental Rug Event has returned to Pella through March 9 thanks to The Work of Our Hands store. More than 300 high quality hand-knotted Bunyaad rugs are currently on display and available for purchase at the annual event held at the Pella Opera House Theatre Center, 611 Franklin Street, Pella. An Introduction to Oriental Rugs seminar will be held at the Pella Opera House Theater Center on tonight, Thursday, March 7, at 6:30 p.m. The one-hour seminar is ideal for anyone considering an Oriental rug purchase or who would like to learn more about the art of Oriental rug making, rug care and even room design. Refreshments will be served and admission is free.
- Local News
Severe weather expected today
OTTUMWA -- Southeast Iowa will likely see the return of severe weather Sunday. Forecasters say there is a very high chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening and some could become severe.
- RUS funding and EPA regulations were the focus of discussions with congressional staff in the nation’s capital
Vision Iowa grant sought for sports park
City Administrator Mike Nardini reported at Friday's Community Services Board meeting that negotiations with the Vision Iowa Board will begin next week, regarding funding assistance for the Fields of our Future Sports Park.
Tulip Time successful, despite snow
Tulip Time, earlier this month, saw extra adversity this year in the form of an unexpected snowfall. Despite the odd weather, Dick Redman of the Tulip Time Steering Committee is proud of what the town accomplished.
2013 Tulip Time e-book
Looking for information on this year's festivities? It's all right here.
- Four Pella Regional Nurses Honored with DAISY Award
- Diane McCombs, Pella Regional, Honored as 100 Great Iowa Nurse
Bird Banding Cancelled on May 25
Originally scheduled at Lake Red Rock
Pella Community Calendar of Events
- Pella qualifies five for state tennis tournament The Pella High varsity boys' tennis team had a banner day Friday, May 10. The Dutch played in the District Tournament held in Pella. Coach Nick Seipel's team has qualified five players to compete at the state meet later this month. The District Champ
- More Local News Headlines
- Severe weather expected today